Okay, brace yourself.
I don't say this often, but...
I. Need. Help.
Hazyl is an AWESOME sleeper at night.
she has ALWAYS slept through the night, from day one! She goes down around 7:30 and usually wakeds up somewhere around 8:30...so why do I need help?
She flat out REFUSES to take naps.
won't do it.
She sings, she plays, she cries, she stands up, then falls down, cries some more, chucks her binky, tosses her blankets, laughs, screams, yells da da and then SOMETIMES if I'm lucky, after 2 or more hours she'll pass out in some crazy position.
Well, then I am faced with a decision...
do I leave her cross-legged, face first, or leaning against the railings or with her Legs or arms or BOTH through the railings?? Do I risk moving that beautifully sleeping baby so that she will be more comfortable? Or do I leave her there so she can wake up with dents in her head all cramped?
I know. It's tough.
On to the next...
I NEEEEED some sleep.
For the past 5ish years I have struggled off and on with insomnia. Sometimes it's extreme, sometimes it's not so bad. As of lately I am falling asleep around 3ish.
It's catching up.
I really don't want to take a sleeping pill because I need to be able to wake up the next morning...any suggestions? Tyson is threatening admitting me to a sleep clinic if it doesn't improve. He always says it halfway jokingly but I know if it doens't improve he will mean buisness, so bring on the advice!
Enough of the January BLAHS...Bring on the LOVE month!
xxo,
Dan


8 comments:
Hello Dani. I don't have any children... so I don't know anything about napping. HOWEVER, my friend Whitney has two boys and she said one boy WOULD NOT SLEEP and so she bought this book called, "Solve your Child's Sleep Problems" by, Richard Ferber, M.D.
She swears by it. Apparently it's amazing. I don't know what's magical things it says in it but I would give it a try!
I take Unisom every night. Mostly for the morning sickness- but it helps me sleep SO well- and I don't wake up groggy at all. I'm not usually all for meds- but insomnia is kind of a hard thing to solve without them. Love you!
Leave Hazyl however she is when she finally passes out. Just put her down the same time everyday & she'll take the hint. It will be rough for a while, but she'll figure it out. You can also try a noise maker. Sometimes baby's like the white noise, that will help them sleep. As for you, the only natural thing I can think of is to take Melatonin. It's a vitamin supplement that helps with sleeping. Good luck with everything!
Dan, i'm so sorry! I did the same thing with Michael kinda. What I did was I either put him to bed later or got him up earlier. Try laying her down at 9 instead of 7:30... maybe she's just not tired during the day. I also put a fan in Michael's room and turn it on low so it's not silent. Good luck!!
you are pretty and so is your baby girl. good luck with the sleeping. i say noise maker too. i use it every nap and every night.
The fan, or humidifier always helps Derek. As for you, I would try a sleep aid and see what happens, if things don't improve you may need to talk to your doctor. Don't think your alone though, thousands of people suffer from insomnia. You just have this amazing mind, and it doesn't know how to shut itself off!
Ryan and I have trouble sleeping. We take the store brand sleep aid. Make sure you take it around 8:30 or 9. That will give it enough time to kick in and you will wake up refreshed when hazy does. If you take it late at night it won't wear off in time for you to not be groggy in the morning. Also try to be ready for bed and in bed earlier then read. Read a lot. That helps to slow your mind down and relax your body. And if it's hard for you to fall asleep bc your body is restless then take Tylenol PM instead bc that helps your body shut down. And lavender helps relax too - try lathering on that baby lotion that's made to help babies sleep (the lavender scent), and that will help keep you moisturized!
HI Dani, love your girlys blues. She is a beauty. If my baby slept from 7:30-8:30 no nap would be taken. THAT IS AMAZING! That is 13 hours holy smokes! The most I would expect is an hour nap. But I have had a not so good sleeper. I remember Cedar giving me some good sleeping advice ! We use a fan for Z's afternoon naps. Anyway all of that was probably pretty useless info but onto the insomnia thing. Have you ever used essential oils. There is lavendar and some other oils that help to relax and to help you sleep. Also working out for at least an hour! I hope all is well in your world! Peace.
Post a Comment