Monday, November 2, 2009

Tribute to Sista!!...just a little late :)


Dearest Cedar Ann, Cerdy, Sister, SisTAH, Sissaroo, Ceds, Egger, Cedry, Pine, Willow, Aspen, Oak, and every other tree name available...

I know this is late, but better late than never. I love you sista. I'm so sad I was in dumb bum Logan on your birthday this year.

Here is a ridiculously ugly picture of us...just in case you forgot how cute we are when we match....


You. are. my. best.


Here's to you:

Only being 12 months apart. Nanny, Nanny, Noooo. I spy til 3 AM. Trying to sneak down the SQUEAKY stairs or sliding down the wiggly banister to spy on games night with Monte and Dianne. gymnastics in bed. charades in bed. the fact that I could NOT sleep with one little spec of light and you would always leave the door cracked. You rubbing you feet together. Me throwing all my pillows and my 10,000 stuffed animals at you to try to get you to STOP rubbing those feet together. You crying because your feet hurt from rubbing them together. me crying because you wouldn't give my pillows and 10,000 stuffed animals all back. sliding down the stairs in pillow cases. ZOOBALEE ZOO!! being white trash and wearing CLOTHES instead of swim suits to Cherry Hill. putting our arms AND legs through the arms of dads sweatshirts. throwing up on halloween one year all because of flank steak! hating flank steak for the rest of our lives. you throwing up moms broccoli cheese soup and being sent to your room and me crying because you got sent! Playing library in our room. you convincing me every christmas that barbies are SOOO cool and that I should ask for barbie stuff for christmas even though i HATED barbies. you saying "what did you say?" after already sitting down when I would ask you to get me a cup too. playing navy seals with Jess and Kelsi all around the nieghborhood. 52 bonkers. getting our own rooms but somehow me ending up sleeping on the floor in your room all the time. Even in high-school! HIGH-SCHOOL! College roomies! Us not making friend for the first 2 weeks of college because we would hang out in our room and just go to bed early. Us re-arranging our bedroom every 2 weeks. sharing clothes. me staining half of your clothes. Mono and Shoulder surgeries. Freshman year. Deciding it was too cold to get out of bed. Long boarding at 3 AM and NITRO! Grandma feeding us cantaloupe in the tub. Freedom isn't Free. Disneyland everyday for 7 days straight and then hating disneyland. Shoop-shoop a doop. Pumpkin head Harvey.


And just for old times sake...here's the poem I so lovingly wrote for you when you got married...I still feel the same way :)

Twelve months and twenty-two days apart
We're sistas by blood and best friends at heart.

We're black and white, we're night and day
We're so very different, in so many ways.

Remember back when, we shared a room?
We'd play charades and I spy til at least one or two.

And then just this year, we shared rooms once more
we stayed up talking and laughing til at least three or four.

You'll always be there, in you I'll always confide!
And if ever you need me, I'll be right by your side.

Through thick and thin, through the roughest of times
If we stick together we'll turn out just fine.

So always remember even when we're apart...
We're sistas by blood AND best friends at heart!

Love you Sista!!

Dan-a-lou

4 comments:

Rowley's said...

How sweet! Sisters are the best and you two lucked out with each other. It was a must to spies on game nights because the laugher can be heard miles away when our parents get together : )

Cedar, Chris & Annistyn said...

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard and crying for real because I miss your face!

Mindy said...

"Dumb" Logan. Really? I expect that to be changed ASAP. Or else ...

jayni & ben said...

Dani you are cute. I love sisters. They are the best. Happy Birthday Ceds!!! Love you both :)